Dr Alzahrani is currently head of psychology section and Sub-specialty Consultant in Clinical Psychology/Neuropsychology, National Neuroscience Institute, King Fahad Medical City, in Riyadh. He has been working with patients with neurological diseases (Epilepsy, Traumatic Brain Injuries, Brain tumor, Multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, dementia, Alzheimer disease and Stroke). Responsibilities include assessment of patients neuropsychological profiles, psychological status and personality and provide them with psychotherapy and behavioral modification if needed.
Duties also include pediatric services, which involve patients with Behavioral problems, ADHD and Autism.
Dr Alzahrani also Worked as a post-doctoral clinical fellow in clinical neuropsychology, Department of Neuroscience, Medical school, Sheffield Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (Royal Hallamsheir Hospital), University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK. Worked from this fellowship involved differential diagnosis in normal and abnormal ageing neuropsychological profiles and diagnostics of cognitive impairments related to neurological disorders. Other areas included cognitive rehabilitation and neuroimaging techniques such as the structural MRI and functional MRI.
- Post-doctoral clinical training fellowship in clinical neuropsychology, Neuroscience Department, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sheffield (Royal Hallamsheir Hospital), UK (March 2014 to March 2016).
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (Accredited by The British Psychological Society), Manchester, UK, 2015.
- PhD in Clinical Neuropsychology, Neuroscience Department, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Sheffield, UK, 2013.
- Certificate in Research Training, University of Hull, UK, 2011.
- Master Degree in Clinical Psychology King Saud University- Riyadh, 2005.
- Bachelor Degree in Clinical Psychology- King Saud University- Riyadh, 2000.
Dr Al Zahrani has an extensive list of training and teaching programs participation and publications, and is a member of a number of local and international Professional Boards.